Instructors can create and access the Reading List external tool in Canvas. Instructions are provided on this page.
Step 1: From your Canvas course site, locate Settings in the course navigation menu. Select Settings.
Step 2: Click on the Navigation tab.
Find the ICC Library Reading List in the menu at the bottom of the page and drag and drop to the course navigation menu at the top of the page.
Reorder how the navigation items are displayed by dragging and dropping.
Tip: Don't forget to Save. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
To Create a Reading List: Access your ICC Library Reading List directly from the Course Navigation menu.
Step 1: Click on the ICC Library Reading List link in your Canvas Course Navigation menu.
Help: Don't see ICC Library Reading Link in the navigation menu? Add it before this step, see instructions in the "Add Reading List to Canvas Course Navigation Menu" box for directions.
Info: First-time users will be prompted to Create a resource list. Click on Create a resource list.
A new browser tab will open to the Welcome page.
Welcome screen page options:
If starting a new list, select Create a list from scratch.
Select Template or Blank. The Reading List will open and is now created.
The next step is to start adding content to your lists!
Info: If working in a browser tab, return to the Canvas interface and try opening your list again. Once this initial set-up is complete, reading list links will open in Canvas.
1. To Create a new reading list, click on the Create It Button.
2. Add a description if desired, then click Create.
3. Select Blank or choose one of our templates.
4. If you are using the Blank option, you have to click on New Section to add a new section. You must create a section before you can add items to your list.
5. Name your section and click Save.
6. Click Add Items to Search the Library Collection. You can also use the Create tab to upload items or add web links. Please see our Adding Items and Cite It! tab for more information.